Sport played a major part of my childhood and still does to this day. I initially spent the majority of my youth playing football where I would go on to represent Southampton Academy at age 14. It was at this age that was introduced to Rugby Union at school, which I then decided to concentrate on. Throughout my school playing days I grew to love the game each year and I went on to achieve County and Regional Honours.
To assist with my rugby I first began weight training and experiencing the whole gym environment at age 16. After completing my A Levels, I attended Loughborough University, the UK’s leading sporting University. where I achieved Rugby playing caps for both the University 1st XV and British Universities.
I graduated from University with a Computing and Management Degree and later began office based work in the I.T Industry. During this time I played rugby at National League Level whilst maintain a regular gym regime. It was during these 3 years that I believed my passion and potential could be realized working as a Personal Trainer, as my work colleagues would often ask me for advice on keeping fit as well as eating habits.
In 2010 I took the big step and began my Personal Training Course and since that day I have not looked back. In 2013 I retired from playing rugby to set myself a new sporting challenge, which was CrossFit.
From May 2013 – August 2015 I jumped straight into CrossFit. During this time I actively competed in various CrossFit competitions to push myself out of my comfort zones. Below were my achievements in that time.
- August 2013 – 2nd Place Dover Throwdown
- January 2014 – 93rd Place out of 150 competitor Battle Of London 2014 European competition
- April 2014 – 1st Place Kent & Sussex Throwdown 2014
- May 2014 – 1st Place Kent Invitational Throwdown 2014
- June 2014 – 2nd Place Battle For The Midlands 2014
- April 2015 – 1st Place Kent Sussex Throwdown 2015
- April 2015 – 18th Place out of 54 competitors Battle of Britain 2015 Throwdown
- July 2015 – 38th Place out of 100 competitors CrossFit British Championships 2015
From September 2015 I started a new challenge learning Mixed Martial Arts. This new start has allowed me to relate to my clients even further as I can fully appreciate the challenges and frustrations of trying a new form of exercise.
As a positive and enthusiastic Trainer I enjoy working with clients of all fitness levels and goals. I will introduce you to both innovative and functional forms of exercise, creating a winning partnership.